Hike to Pena Trevinca, Summit of Galicia
Hiking route to reach the highest point in Galicia, Pena Trevinca Summit. A route carried out by the local experts "Terras Altas de Trevinca".
Hiking to reach the highest point in Galicia, Pena Trevinca Summit (2,127 m). In this protected natural area of the Trevinca Mountains, the footprint of man barely appears, and it is one of the reference places during the winter period where you can enjoy snow-capped peaks.
Guided by local experts from "Terras Altas de Trevinca" in these subalpine landscapes of the High Mountains of Galicia, you will take a route that runs partly along an old track, through a valley and in which you will have to cross a river to then start the ascent towards to Pena Trevinca Summit.
Once at the summit, you will have time for lunch, while enjoying the panoramic view of the entire massif and its glacial valleys. Later the descent will begin to return to the starting point surrounded by this high mountain landscape in this wonderful place.
- Route length: 23 km
- Positive slope: 1200 m
- Negative slope: 1200 m
- Estimated duration of the route: 10 h
- Difficulty*: HIGH
*Difficulty levels: LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH, EXTREME. Difficulty levels take into account factors such as length, accumulated slope, type of trail, weather and time of year, among many other factors evaluated by experts in the area.
- Start: 08:30
- Approximate end time: 18:30
- Spanish and/or Galician
- 25 € / person
- Local Mountain Guide and Local Accompanying Guide.
- Accident and Civil Liability Insurance.
- Interpretation of the environment during the tour.
- Transport of the participants to the starting point of the activity.
- Material to carry out the activity.
- Food and drink (at the participant's expense).
We offer the possibility of staying in the surroundings of Trevinca. With a wide variety of accommodation, from rural houses to apartments with stays from 2 nights, as well as complementary activities that could be included. For more information you can contact us.
PARTICULAR CONDITIONS FOR BOOKING THIS ACTIVITY
- Dogs or other companion animals are not allowed.
- The consumption of any type of alcoholic beverage is not allowed during the activity.
- At all times, participants are subject to the rules of those responsible for it.
- At the time of registration for the activity, it is mandatory to report possible diseases or allergies of the participant that may affect them during the tour.
- Minors under 18 must be accompanied by their parents or guardians, who are responsible for the minor.
- Those responsible for the activity may vary the previously established route, or the duration of the activity, depending on the characteristics of the group of participants or the weather conditions.
- The organization reserves the right not to allow people to participate in the activity, without any right to claim, that it considers that on the same day of the activity they do not have the mandatory material to carry it out based on the expected weather conditions (pants jeans or cotton pants, hiking mountain shoes, etc ..)
Once the activity has been booked, except for its suspension by the organizer, the cancellation policy will be as follows:
- Substitution of seat holders up to 12h before the start. Free, without penalty.
- Cancellation up to 24 hours before. Refund of 45% of the amount.
- Cancellation up to 48 hours before. Refund of 70% of the amount.
- Cancellation up to 72 hours before. Return of 85% of the amount.
Note. Due to COVID-19, particular situations derived from mobility restrictions or possible quarantines will be taken into account. Please read the mandatory information about COVID-19 situation in Galicia.
TREVINCA ACTIVITIES CALENDAR