Ribeira Sacra Tour: The Miño river and Cabo do Mundo
One day tour to the Miño river area of the Ribeira Sacra including a visit to Cabo do Mundo, departing from Ourense. It includes a boat trip, cultural visits and wine tasting at a Ribeira Sacra winery.
One-day tour of The Miño river and Cabo do Mundo, with regular departures from the city of Ourense. In this organized tour you will visit the most renowned places of the North side of the Ribeira Sacra, including a boat ride by the Miño river, cultural visits and wine tasting at a local winery.
Tour in a nutshell
- One-day tour around Ribeira Sacra (Miño river area)
- Smal size groups, 21 people max
- Organized visits with Official Guide
- Departure from Ourense train station: 09:45 (you must arrive 10min earlier)
- Departure from Ourense city center: 10:00 (you must arrive 10min earlier)
- Arrival to Ourense: 20:30 (approximate time)
- Price per person: 70€
What is included
- Transportation from the chosen departure location
- Boat ride through the Miño river
- Visit to Ecomuseum and Castro de Arxeriz
- Visit to two Viewpoints
- Visit to a local winery with wine tasting
Departure from San Lázaro park at the city center of Ourense after picking up customers at the train station of Ourense. After completing the check-in of all passengers, we will head to the Riverbanks of the Miño river, stopping by a viewpoint from where we will be able to see the beautiful landscapes of the North area of the Ribeira Sacra.
After this stop, we will continue downhill towards the Miño river, until we reach the dock of Belesar, where we will start our boat ride around the Miño river. During this boat ride we will enjoy the scenery of the Ribeira Sacra vineyards, a symbol of the heroic viticulture of the region. We will also sail by the meander of Cabo do Mundo from where we will see the Playa de A Cova among other lovely views.
Once we finish the boat ride, we will continue the tour towards Chantada, where you will have around 1h40min of free time for your lunch break.
Note: lunch is optional in the tour (it is not included in the base price). If you prefer to find a place on your own, there are several restaurants in the area. If you prefer to reserve your lunch meal with us, you will eat in a great local restaurant with our guide. The menu consists on typical Galician dishes (Empanada, Pulpo, Carne O Caldeiro, desserts and drinks).
After the lunch break, we will head to the Belesar dam, where we'll stop to observe the magnitude of the biggest dam in Galicia (135m deep and 50km long), a critical actor in the recent history of the Ribeira Sacra.
From there we will head to Arxeriz, where we will visit first the Castro de Arxeriz, a fortified fortress built between the 5th and 1st century BC, and from where we can admire a stunning view over the meander of Cabo do Mundo.
We will then do a tour around the Ecomuseo Pazo de Arxeriz, a museum dedicated to preserve the history, local customs and traditions of this area of the Ribeira Sacra. The building itself is a piece of history: the museum is located at the interior of a wonderful manor house built in the 17th century.
In our last stop of the tour, we will visit the winery Alma das Donas, right before the location where the Sil river merges into the Miño river, where we will have a wine tasting session with D.O. Ribeira Sacra wines.
After saying goodbye to the Ribeira Sacra, we will head back to Ourense and drop our customers off at their departure points.
Info: it might be possible that for operational reasons some tours are done in the opposite order of visits, and some providers might change due to unavaliability.
Meeting Point and Schedule
- Ourense - Train station – 09:45 (open area in front of the train station)
- Ourense - San Lazaro park – 10:00 (bus stop at the bottom of the park)
IMPORTANT: departures times are very strict, the tour won't wait for customers that show up late. We recommend you to arrive 10 minutes before to the departure point.
Arrival Time (approximate)
- Ourense - Train station – 20:15 (open area in front of the train station)
- Ourense - San Lazaro park – 20:30 (bus stop at the bottom of the park)
- Departure from Ourense:
- Price – Adults: 70€, Children: 35€, Babies: free
- Approximate duration: 10h30min from Ourense.
- Language: Spanish / English (other languages please contact us).
- Included: Transportation by Bus, Boat trip, Visits and Tickets, Visit to winery and wine tasting, Travel Insurance.
- Not included: anything not mentioned in included.
- Ticket: you will need to print or show the receipt that you receive in your email to join the tour.
Recommendations and notices
- If you get dizzy easily, it is recommended that you take some medication for sickness because the roads in the area have many curves.
- There are not many places where you can go to the restroom, try to go when instructed by the guide.
The tour will take place as long as we have a group of at least 10 people, in other case the tour can be canceled by notifying with at least 5 days in advance.
If it gets cancelled we will offer the possibility of making the trip on another available date, or in other case the refund of the amounts that have been paid.
- Cancellation costs if any.
- A penalty, consisting of 5% of the total trip if the withdrawal occurs more than 10 days and less than 15 days before the date of departure of the trip; 15% between days 3 and 10, and 25% within 48 hours prior to departure. If you do not show up at the scheduled time for departure, you will not be entitled to any refund of the amount paid, unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
We use minibuses for transportation, with up to 21 seats. The goal is to offer the best experience possible to our customers, staying away from very big groups.